The Poling-St. Clair Funeral Home has a long, proud history serving Upshur County and the surrounding area for over 87 years. In 1919, Ray Poling established the Poling Furniture and Undertaking Company ; then in 1932 he changed the name to Poling Funeral Home. Mr. Poling focused on serving the funeral needs of the community for 49 years until his death in 1968. In 1938 Conard St. Clair began his career in funeral service with Mr. Poling. After serving his apprenticeship and earning his license in 1941, he served in the U.S. Navy during WW II. In 1946, Ray Poling and Conard St. Clair became partners and Poling-St. Clair Funeral Home was formed. In 1947 the Poling-St. Clair Funeral Home moved to its current location at 95 S. Kanawha Street. Conard's son, Jeff St.Clair served his apprentriceship in 1978 and was licensed in 1980. He has been the licensee in charge since 1984. Conard's son-in-law Stephen Straight served his apprenticeship in 1992 and was licensed in 1995.